Permission for use of the labour of foreigners and stateless persons (work permit) is the only document that entitles the employer to employ formally a foreign citizen.
Please note that a work permit is the basis for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine for a period of one year with the possibility of extension for the same term.
It is worth noting that the Law of Ukraine "On Employment" defines the categories of persons who do not require a special permit for employment:
- Foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine;
- Foreigners who were granted refugee status in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine or obtained permission to immigrate to Ukraine;
- Foreigners who are recognized in Ukraine as persons in need of complementary protection, or granted temporary protection in Ukraine;
- Representatives of foreign marine (river) Navy and airlines that serve such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
- foreign media professionals accredited to work in Ukraine;
- Athletes who have obtained professional status, artists and art workers to work in Ukraine;
- Employees of emergency services to carry out urgent work;
- Employees of foreign representations, registered on the territory of Ukraine in accordance with the legislation;
- Foreigners, who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
- Foreigners who have arrived in Ukraine to conduct teaching and/or research activities in higher education institutions at their invitation;
- Other foreigners in cases stipulated by laws or international treaties of Ukraine, the agreement to be bound by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
A work permit is issued by the State Employment Centre for a period of one year. Authorization may be renewed an unlimited number of times for the same period.
Necessary documents for receiving the permit:
- Copies of education or qualifications certificates of the foreigner;
- Two colour photographs sized 3.5 x 4.5 cm.;
- Copies of foreigner`s or stateless person`s passport pages with personal data together with translation into Ukrainian, certified in the manner prescribed by the legislation;
- A document issued by the medical institution that the person is not suffer from chronic alcoholism, substance abuse, drug addiction, or other infectious diseases, the list of which is determined by the Ministry of Health;
- The certificate of criminal record clearance of the foreigner in Ukraine issued by the body of internal affairs;
- The copy (notarial copy) of the enterprise Charter;
Please note that the fee for the issuance of work permits is four minimum wages. Fee for issuing a permit for the use of the labour of foreigners and stateless persons cannot cope for:
- Persons in respect of whom there is a decision to process documents for resolving the issue of granting the status of refugee or person in need of complementary protection;
- Persons who have submitted documents for the renewal of the permit.
The Viconsult Company offers professional legal advice guaranteed to get work permit in accordance with the law.