TRADEMARKS IN UKRAINE:FOR THE ATTENTION OF FOREIGN CLIENTS
TRADEMARKS IN UKRAINE: FOR THE ATTENTION OF FOREIGN CLIENTS
At the time of development of the Ukrainian markets and consistent creation of favorable conditions for foreign companies for business development in Ukraine, one of the most important aspects is effective protection of intellectual property.
The owner of registered trademark receives official state protection for the brand, the right to prohibit anyone in Ukraine from illegally using the mark for goods and services.
A trademark (mark for goods and services) is a designation that distinguishes some goods and / or services from others.
A trademark may include a verbal part, a graphic part, or a combination of words and graphics.
During the trademark registration procedure, foreign applicants in Ukraine have the same rights as residents. At the same time, the legislation establishes a mandatory condition - a foreign applicant must be represented by a patent attorney of Ukraine. Thus, non-resident applicants are provided with a quality representation of their interests, avoiding misunderstandings related to insufficient knowledge of the peculiarities of Ukrainian.
- Our clients can count on:
- - qualified services of a patent attorney with 20 years of experience
- - individual approach to each request
- - 100% confidentiality.
What are the benefits of registration?
Any business, successfully developing, creates an attractive prospect for unscrupulous competitors to take advantage of the established reputation and make a profit from your customer base. In fact, in such cases, the main role is played by the registered trademark. The owner of the mark for goods and services will be able to stop the illegal activities of the attacker and recover damages from him in court.
Another advantage of the manufacturer / service provider has a registered trademark is the ability to register a .ua domain to further create your own website with the name of your brand. Modernity requires an entrepreneur to develop his business by various means and to be flexible in case of emergencies. When the offline business is not able to function properly, an alternative online version will not allow the entrepreneur to go bankrupt.
A registered brand is a good investment in your business. The brand increases the status of the manufacturer / service provider, distinguishes your product / service from other products / services on the market and encourages the consumer to give preference to branded rather than no name products.
Although the law does not explicitly require a product manufacturer to register a trademark, large retailers often request and verify product manufacturers for such registration. In addition, you will also need a registered trademark to promote your brand on television.
There many other benefits of trademark registration in respect of your goals, business model and so on.
How can you use your trademark?
- • As a label for products - a mark for goods and services fixes the features that distinguish your products / services from others on the market;
- • The trademark gives the name to nameless goods and services that draws the consumer's attention and helps to remember the products of your production;
- • Acts as a guarantor of the quality of your goods / services;
- • The mark for goods and services is a means of making a profit, including by granting a license, franchise;
- • A trademark is a valuable intangible asset;
- • If you want to promote your products on the market, the brand will be needed to advertise;
- • If it happens that after receiving a security document or in the process of trademark registration, it has lost its relevance, do not regret the money invested in the procedure - your trademark can be profitably sold through the Trademark Exchange.
What you should know before registering a trademark in Ukraine?
Before filing the application, it is necessary to determine the purpose of registration. The correct selection of classes of goods and / or services for registration of a mark will depend on this criterion.
A mark for goods and services is registered for a specific list of goods and / or services. After filing the application at will, the applicant will not be able to add a class of goods and / or services.
If you decide to register a graphic designation the logo must be well thought out and provided in the final version, as it will be impossible to make changes after filing the application.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING A TRADEMARK?
- The main stages:
- - Trademark search;
- - Filing the Application and payment of the official fee
- - Setting the date of application, receiving a notice from the Office
- - Formal examination (verification of the application for compliance with formal requirements, the correctness of the classes of goods and / or services)
- - Qualification examination (verification of the mark for compliance with the criteria for granting legal protection established by the legislation of Ukraine)
- - Payment of official fees , registration and publication of trademark in the official bulletin
- - Obtaining a Certificate.